Firestone seeks funds for coal project

Posted On Wednesday, 04 May 2011 02:00 Published by eProp Commercial Property News
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Firestone seeks funds to raise A$10m through share purchase to order long lead construction items for Waterberg Coal project.

EskomJSE-listed Australian exploration company Firestone Energy said yesterday it aimed to raise up to A$10m through a share purchase plan so that it will still be able to order long lead construction items for its Waterberg Coal project.

The company was detailing its projects in its quarterly activities report for the period to March 31.

The Waterberg Coal project is a joint venture with empowerment company Sekoko Resources. Firestone owns a 60% stake and Sekoko the other 40%.

In terms of the share purchase plan , Firestone will offer shares at A$0,02 and will receive an attaching free option for every two shares subscribed to.

Each option will have a strike price of A$0,04 and will expire on May 31 2014.

Chairman David Perkins said that the company had begun to order long lead engineering items to bring the project into production. "This share purchase plan gives our 6800 shareholders the opportunity to participate in the company’s rapid development programme," he said.

The company had appointed wash plant, rail and infrastructure contractors for the project.

All contracts addressed the requirements of its offtake agreement with Eskom and were subject to full funding being confirmed, Firestone said.

 

Last modified on Tuesday, 29 October 2013 16:52

Most Popular

Balwin's Munyaka registers record R850 million in opening weekend sales, selling 555 apartments

Mar 09, 2020
Steve_Brookes_Balwin_Properties
JSE listed Balwin Properties, a developer that cares about environmentally responsible…

Balwin Properties and ABSA launch South Africa’s first green home loan

Mar 13, 2020
Apartment 71933
JSE-listed Balwin Properties Limited (Balwin Properties or the Company) and Absa Group…

Growthpoint reports a steady first half with its growth strategies paying dividends

Mar 11, 2020
Growthpoint Properties Group CEO Norbert Sassee
Growthpoint Properties (JSE: GRT) reported distributable income growth of 2.2% to R3.2bn,…

Spear REIT launches innovative self-isolation campaign for returning travellers in Cape Town, South Africa to combat COVID-19:

Mar 18, 2020
Double Tree Op
JSE listed Spear REIT Limited, the owner of the Double Tree by Hilton Cape Town, is the…

Precautions, planning and preparation - the real estate agent's guide to weathering the Covid19 storm

Mar 16, 2020
Corona
With the Corona Virus now in SA and beginning to cause widespread panic, we are not only…

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.