Print this page

Moolman Group's Newmarket Mall in Alberton set to open end of October 2015

Posted On Tuesday, 06 October 2015 10:06 Published by
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Developed over what used to be the Newmarket Racecourse in Alberton, Newmarket Mall is conveniently located at the Newmarket Park, a 77.3 hectare property development south east of Alberton’s CBD.
According to Moolman Group’s Johann du Preez, anchors for the 34,000m2 shopping centre include Checkers Hyper, Virgin Active, Builders Warehouse and Food Lovers Market.

Other tenants set to open at the mall include Nedbank, ABSA, FNB, Viva Bingo, Catbox Hyper and Waltons. Restaurants including Spur, John Dory, Panarotti’s, Wimpy and Mugg & Bean will be offering shoppers a good variety of delicious menus.

Embracing its unique location, Newmarket Mall will also feature a large horse-themed kids play area located near the entrance, to keep the little ones entertained.

Newmarket’s strong tenant mix is set to cater for the needs of the greater Alberton area, which includes Meyerton, Vosloorus and Katlehong.

Du Preez explains, “Market research for the project shows that Alberton, which consists of a large residential market of almost 200 000 households, is more than ready to receive the new shopping centre.”

With more than 40 000 houses being home to families in the upper income levels, Alberton is also the only city in Gauteng where no major decentralised shopping facilities currently exist. The proposed Newmarket Mall will fill this gap and offer a rich shopping alternative for the households in its primary trade area.

“The market is already well established and growing. As far as major growth prospects are concerned, we see Alberton becoming the dominant city in the south of the R59 corridor development. All this will have a positive impact on the growth prospects for our new centre,” says du Preez.

NewMarket Mall is being developed by Moolman Group in joint venture Linton Projects and Rejem Property Development, with Nedbank as finance partner. Linton Projects and Rejem Property Development jointly own 56% of the undivided shares in the project, while Style Star – a subsidiary of the Moolman Group - owns the remaining 44%. Moolman Group is a highly respected property investment enterprise that owns and manages property portfolios across southern Africa, and provides a comprehensive and professional approach to property development.
Newmarket Mall will open at the end of October 2015 and, in time, will ultimately expand to occupy some 80,000m².

“As we approach the opening of Newmarket Mall, we are extremely excited to bring world-class, one-stop shopping to this community and create valuable retail and social infrastructure in Alberton,” says du Preez. “We are proud to partner with Linton Projects and Rejem Property Development to develop this landmark mall and look forward to welcoming local shoppers to enjoy a unique, quality shopping experience.”
Last modified on Wednesday, 07 October 2015 13:10
eProperty News

Latest from eProperty News

Related items